* The judge in the trial of CMPD Officer Randall “Wes” Kerrick, who is accused of shooting and killing an unarmed Jonathan Ferrell in 2013, will allow cameras
in the courtroom. Opening statements are expected on Monday.
* Crescent Communities has released its first look
at what the planned development in NoDa might look like. The property is located on the current site of the Chop Shop and Ultimate Gym. Construction is planned to start by the end of the year.
* Someone on a commercial airline flight from Jamaica tried to smuggle $18,000 worth of cocaine
* The Coast Guard is continuing its search
for two teenage boys missing off the coast of Florida as hope for their survival dims.
* The first Republican debate
of the presidential election season will be held next week, with the top 10 contenders facing off in primetime.