Editor's Note: First Notes is a weekly update of recent noteworthy happenings in the world of music.
* The White House received a petition with more than 250,000 signatures, asking for Justin Bieber to be deported. Officials basically refused to answer it. So, for now, we're stuck with him.
* Last week, rapper Andre Johnson, who goes by the name Christ Bearer, hacked off his, um, johnson with a serrated steak knife before leaping out a second-story window. New reports say Johnson, who survived, was on PCP at the time of the incident. If you were wondering, attempts to reattach his genitals were unsuccessful.
* Gwen Stefani will replace Christina Aguilera, who is pregnant with her second child, on The Voice for the show's seventh season.
* Jack White, who will perform at a sold-out concert at the Fillmore on June 5, released his latest single, "Lazaretto." Skip ahead to 7:20 to hear it:
* Old Crow Medicine Show will roll the "Wagon Wheel" in the Uptown Amphitheatre on Aug. 21. Tickets go on sale Friday, April 25.
* Kings of Leon will perform at PNC Music Pavilion on Sept. 16 with Young the Giant and Kongos. Tickets go on sale on Friday, April 25.