Heaven knows that the late Dom DeLuise found himself in numerous terrible projects (Cannonball Run II, Haunted Honeymoon, The Silence of the Hams, etc.), but every once in a while (usually thanks to Mel Brooks), he would find himself in a comedy that best employed his talents. Here, in chronological order, are his five funniest film roles.
1. As the Emperor in History of the World: Part I (1981).
2. As Melvin P. Thorpe in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982).
3. As the voice of Tiger in An American Tail (1986) and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991).
4. As Pizza the Hutt in Spaceballs (1987).
5. As the Brando-esque Don Giovanni in Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993).