If you're one of the lucky ones who don't have to spend their Wednesday evening prepping the turkey for Thanksgiving, and you're looking for an excuse to be out of the house to avoid being asked to help out, here are some pre-Thanksgiving bashes around town you might want to hit up. Let us give thanks.
• Your favorite '80s club Breakfast Club brings you the Boombox Pre-Thanksgiving Party. Drink specials on Bug Lighs and select Jager bombs. $5 for ladies 18 and up, $7 for guys 21 and up. 225 Caldwell St. 704-374-1982
• The Wax Gurus perform at Cavemans Bar & Billiards. No cover. $2 Jell-O shots, $1.50 Coors Light, $1.50 Bud Select and $1.50 Shock Top Draft. 9229-15 Lawyers Road, Mint Hill. 704-573-1773
• 4th Annual Turkey Bowl Bash at Buckhead Saloon, with live music. Check out the Turkey Toss Cornhole Tourney, with $200 cash for 1st place prize. $5 Red Bull drinks, $5 liquor drinks and $2 select domestic bottles. 201 E. 5th St. 704-307-0687.
• Thanksgiving Eve Bash at HOM. Featured DJ is DJ Johnnie, spinning soulful house music. 116 W. 5th St. 704-375-3737.
• Boardwalk Billy's Annual Turkey Bowling. The winner of Turkey Bowling will receive a Titan Football Helemet Grill. The bowling begins at 10 p.m. $1 Domestic Draft Mugs, $5 Domestic Draft Pitchers, $2 Bud Light, $2.50 Newcastle Draft Mugs, $3 Washington Apple shots. 9005-2 JM Keynes Blvd. 704-503-7427.
• Pre-Thanksgiving Party at Rusty Rudder. Live karaoke. $2 Domestic bottles, $5 Firefly Vodka, $1.50 Coors Light Draft, $1 PBR Light. 20210 Henderson Road, Cornelius. 704-892-9195.
• Thanksgiving Eve Party at The Sunset Club. DJ Rwonz spinning house and top 40. Drink specials. 1820 South Blvd. 704-373-2800.
• Official Latina Thanksgiving Party at Alley Cat. $10 cover and 18 and up. 314 N. College St. 704-375-2779