From the great minds over at Facebook, a list of Charlotte-centric facts:
1. You can't drive a mile in any direction without seeing yet another Harris Teeter
2. You know someone who has hit a deer while driving
3. You understand that Charlotte has four seasons: Humid, Very Humid, Insanely Humid, and Christmas
4. You thought Discovery Place was the best thing ever when you were a kid
5. People clean out the grocery stores whenever snow is forecast, and then it snows a quarter of an inch
6. You remember when Charlotte had a real basketball team
7. Everyone wears flip-flops in January...and can get away with it
8. No matter what you do or where you go, some crazy SUV driver will cut you off
9. You know that barbecue is a noun, not a verb
10. There is a Starbucks in every single shopping center
11. You know the Charlotte Knights are not even in North Carolina, let alone Charlotte
12. You know someone who works for BofA or Wachovia
13. You know to give directions that bypass that infamous intersection: Queens Road and Queens Road
14. You are scared to leave home for more than three months for fear that new development will cause you to get lost on the return trip
15. You know to never, EVER drive from Matthews to Waxhaw on Providence Road at 5:00. Under ANY circumstances
16. You've been to Kate's Skates with your youth group on a Monday night
17. You can drive through previously rural areas around the city, naming which neighborhoods, apartment complexes and schools used to be cow pastures and peach fields
18. You question the "photo enforced" speed limit signs along Pineville-Matthews Road; are they real? Let me drive a little faster and find out...
19. You sometimes wonder if the city motto is "We're better than Raleigh"
20. You know that the Arboretum isn't a place where they grow trees
21. You are already driving 10mph over the speed limit and a police car passes you because you are driving too slow
22. You drive straight on one road for 5 miles and it has already changed names 4 times
23. Every summer you got season tickets to Carowinds, and used them only twice
24. Cars' turn signal bulbs never burn out (from inactivity)
25. Red means "stop," green means "go," and yellow means "floor it!"
Courtesy of the Facebook group " You know you're from Charlotte when..."