Don't know what you're doing yet for Halloween? Never fear! Check out this list of Halloween events - including parties, haunted attractions films and other activities- in Charlotte and the surrounding area.
• NC Fright Factory Creative director Martin Barry (also known as Charlotte Roller Girls' freaky clown) has added his own personal and scary touches to the three-part haunted house at NC Music Factory. There's also a paintball shooting range, midway games and live entertainment. Ticket booth opens at 7 p.m. and tours start at 7:30 p.m. each night. $13. Continues through Oct. 31. NC Music Factory, 935 N. Graham St., Charlotte. For more information, visit www.ncfrightfactory.com.
• The Haunted Mill Long time Halloween attraction with frightening rooms and 3D mini golf (an indoor black light putt-putt course). $10 (haunted house only), $19 (combo) for adults; $10 (haunted house only), $12 (combo) for children 10 years old and under. Continues through Oct. 31. Held at 6325 Wilkinson Blvd., Belmont. For more information, call 704-829-6455 or visit www.thehauntedmillnc.com.
• Hickory Grove Haunted Trail This haunted trail in Gaston County features a maze and downright horrific clowns. Continues through Oct. 31. Mountain View Golf Center, 4046 Mountain View St., Gastonia. For more information, call 704-201-4762.
• The Campground Massacre Haunted House Includes a creepy walk through Mina's Mansion and the Campground Massacre. $20. Continues through Oct. 31. The Charlotte/Fort Mill KOA RV Park and Campground, 940 Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. For more details, call 866-752-7437 or visit www.themassacre.com.
• The Old Haunted School This Albemarle attraction is sponsored by Bethany Volunteer Fire Department. $5. Continues through Oct. 31. Held at Mountain Creek Road and Prospect Church Road, Albemarle. For directions and other information, visit www.bethanyvfd.org/hauntedhouse.
• Scarowinds: Halloween Haunt XI Carowinds’ special feature offers up mazes (that should be off limits to the claustrophobic), scare zones and live shows. $29.99 and up. Continues through Oct. 30. Carowinds, 14523 Carowinds Blvd., Charlotte. For more details, visit www.carowinds.com/scarowinds.
• Amazing Maize Maze Approximately 2.5 miles of pathways in a working cornfield. The Amazing Maize Maze challenges folks to think as they look for mailboxes containing clues that lead to the exit. Day maze tickets are $10; $7 for children 5-12 years old; Free for children 4 years old and under. Flashlight Maze tickets are $15; $10 for children 5-12 years old; Free for children 4 years old and under. Fridays, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Continues through Nov. 4. Rural Hill, 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville. 704-875-3113. www.ruralhill.net/amazingmaizemaze.asp.
• Scarrigan Farms The farm has been transformed to a terror attraction with a haunted trail complete with psycho clowns, a 3-D maze, a corn maze, hayrides, a pumpkin patch and more. For more information, visit www.scarriganfarms.com. Continues through Oct. 31. Carrigan Farms, 1261 Oak Ridge Farm Highway, Mooresville. 704-664-1450.
• Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Jeffrey Hatcher's stage adaptation of the 1886 novella is augmented by CAST's special brand of experimental theatrics. Continues through Nov. 6. Carolina Actors Studio Theatre (CAST), 2424 N. Davidson St., Charlotte. 704-455-8542. www.nccast.com.
Other Halloween shindigs
Wednesday, Oct. 26
• Spooktacular Family-friendly Halloween event with trick-or-treating, complimentary goodie bags, pumpkin decorating, face painting, train rides, balloon artists, and a pet costume contest with a $100 prize. 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Morrison at South Park, Colony Road and Sharon Road, Charlotte. www.morrisonsouthpark.com.
• Pop Life "Halloween Edition" aka Nightmare On College Street Featuring DJ Jazzy Jeff. Hosted by Skillz. Costumes are optional, but encouraged. 21 and up only. $10. 9 p.m.Re:Public, 314 N. College St., Charlotte. 704-375-0733. www.republicofcharlotte.com.
Thursday, Oct. 27
• Shiprocked's Glam Witch Halloween Ball The spooky (and fabulous) rock 'n' disco shindig features glam witches, booze, candy, games, dancing and other special performances. Costumes encouraged. 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Snug Harbor, 1228 Gordon St., Charlotte. 704-333-9799. www.snugrock.com.
• GUTS: Pumpkin Carving Contest & Silent Auction Set-up begins at 3:30 p.m. and carving is from 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. After the carving ends participants will have 15 minutes to arrange their creation on the judging stand. See "carving rules" for full requirements on size and portability. A silent auction follows the carving with the chance to bid on. Winners to be announced after the auction. Benefits Levine Children's Hospital. $50 per individual to enter. NC Music Factory, 935 N. Graham St. For more information, visit www.gutscharlotte.com.
• Give A Hoot, Get Crafty A craft workshop for making cute felt owls. Registration is $30 and includes materials for making two owls, as well as complimentary wine & snacks. 7 p.m.-10 p.m. Plaza Muse, 1200 Central Ave., Charlotte. 704-970-9676. www.plazamuse.com.
• Dr. Funkenstein's Cameo Thursday Halloween Bash Three-level party featuring DJs Frenzy Red and other special guests, as well as drink specials and a costume contest with cash prizes. Phoenix, 300 N. College St., Charlotte. 704-375-8765. www.phoenixofcharlotte.com.
Friday, Oct. 28
• 6th Annual Halloween Howler Costume Bar Crawl Meets at Buckhead Saloon at 7 p.m. for registration and check-in. From there folks will hop over to Town Tavern, Tilt, Howl at the Moon, and Suite. Costume contests (best overall guy costume, best overall girl costume, most creative and sexiest). $10. 7 p.m.-2 a.m. Buckhead Saloon, 201 E. 5th St., Charlotte. 704-370-0687. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://halloweenhowlerclt.eventbrite.com/.
• Buff Faye's Spooks & Horrors Friday night party bus party with drag diva Buff Faye. Bus check-in will be from 7 p.m.-7:45 p.m. at the NC Fright Factory at NC Music Factory. Bus patrons will have free admission to the NC Fright Factory from 7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. The Party Bus departs at 8:30 p.m. for stops at LGBT-friendly bars where participants will have VIP access. and go til 2 a.m. returning to the NC Music Factory. $250 in prizes for best Halloween costumes (most sexy, most scary and Buff's favorite). For more information or to RSVP, email email@example.com. $25 (includes admission to NC Music Factory, VIP access/covers to bars and party favors). 7 p.m.-2 a.m. NC Music Factory, 935 N. Graham St., Charlotte.
• First Bite Friday Folks who arrive before midnight dressed as either a vampire or a victim of the fiend will get in free. Drink specials include $2 Miller Lite bottles and $5 "pumpkin" bombs. Whisky River, 210 E. Trade St., Charlotte. 704-749-1097. www.thewhiskyriver.com.
• Halloween Costume Party and Haunted Mansion The annual fundraiser for the preservation of The Duke Mansion features Chef Harrison Booth's gourmet food, brews, music by Bad Daddies and an auction with opportunities to bid on jewelry, trips, art, Panthers tickets and more. $125 per person. 6:30 p.m. Duke Mansion, 400 Hermitage Road, Charlotte. For more information, call 704-714-4445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Evil Pig Halloween Party The party features live music, food and drink specials, a game room and gallery with art. Costumes encouraged and prizes will be given out for the best. Fake mustaches for those who come costume-free. No cover. 10 p.m.-2 a.m. The Blind Pig, 453 E. 36th St., Charlotte. www.theblindpignoda.com.
• Marvel Halloween Party Dress as your favorite comic book character for the chance to win big in a costume contest. Music provided by DJ Marvel. Suite, 210 E. Trade St., Charlotte. 704-971-7878. www.suitecharlotte.com.
• Nightmare on Morehead Two costume contests with prizes: $250 for best individual costume and at $200 bar tab (for future use) for best group. Music provided by DJ Spooky. Drink specials include $5 house wines, $4 flavored vodkas, $3 bottles of Miller Lite and Coors Light. Free jello shot for the first 300 people and one free draft beer (until its gone). $5 cover with costume; $10 cover without costume. 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Dilworth Neighborhood Grille, 911 E. Morehead St., Charlotte. 704-377-3808. www.neighborhoodgrille.com.
• Costume Party Comedy Night With Brendon Walsh and Carlos Valencia Walsh has appeared on Comedy Central and NBC's Last Comic Standing. More information at www.degenerateclt.org. $12-$15. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. The Mill 3306, Suite A N. Davidson St., Charlotte. 704-331-9898.
• Ghostbusters Costume Party Folks can have their photos taken with the Ecto-1 Ghostbusters ambulance from the movie Live Ghostbusters (www.carolinaghostbusters.com). It's also 1-2-3 drink night with $1 domestic beers, $2 imports and $3 mixed drinks. 21 and up. $8 cover. Fri., 8:30 p.m.-2:30 a.m. Breakfast Club, 225 N. Caldwell St., Charlotte. 704-374-1982. www.that80sclub.com.
• Bass Church 17: Halloween Edition The party features performances by NastyNasty, Mindelixir, Spooky Jones, Stereotonin and John Hairston Jr., plus other special guests and live painting. $10-$15. The Fillmore Charlotte, 1000 Seaboard St., Charlotte. 704-549-5555. www.livenation.com.
• Switch Night Butter staff is reversing its roles and attire. Bartenders become cocktail waitresses and vice versa. Wives/husbands, girlfriends/boyfriends, best friends/rivals dress accordingly. Contest for the best switch look wins $200. Butter NC, 950 Seaboard St., Charlotte. 704-295-1565. www.buttercharlotte.com.
• Latorre's Halloweekend Best costume preliminaries. 116 W. 5th St., Charlotte. 704-337-4448. www.latorresdisco.com.
• Fridays Re:Defined Halloween Bash Featuring costume contests with cash prizes for the hottest costume and drink specials. Re:Public, 314 N. College St., Charlotte. 704-375-0733. www.republicofcharlotte.com.
• HalloWing Live music by U-Phonik, costume contests, food and drink specials and more. Wild Wing Cafe (University location), 9539 Pinnacle Drive. 704-708-9453. www.wildwingcafe.com.
• Billy's Halloween Party Featuring live music by The Halls, drink specials and a costume contest with more than $1,000 in cash and prizes. Boardwalk Billy's Raw Bar & Ribs, 9005 JM Keynes Drive, Charlotte. 704-503-7427. www.boardwalkbillys.com.
• Rumbaween International dance party presented by Rumba Productions. 18 and up. Phoenix, 300 N. College St., Charlotte. 704-375-8765. www.phoenixofcharlotte.com.
Saturday, Oct. 29
• Annual Super Mega Halloween Blowout Featuring live performances by George Brazil with members of Super Ape and Cement Stars as The Flaming Lips, Paint Fumes as The Shangri-Las(aka The Fume-Ri-Las), The Wiggle Wagons as Hall & Oates, Brain F as Buzzcocks, Ear PWR as Blink 182, Kill Your Mules as Minor Threat, One Another as Green Day, Blossoms as Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Human Pippi Armstrong as OMD, Hungry Girl as The White Stripes and Pretty Baby as The Supremes. $6-$12. 9 p.m. Milestone, 3400 Tuckaseegee Road, Charlotte. 704-398-4072. www.themilestoneclub.com.
• Buff Faye's Halloween Monster Mash & Dead Celebrity Drag Show Buff Faye presents a special Halloween Drag Diva Show with a cast of zombies, vampires, demons and other celebrity fiends. Drink specials and food available until 1 a.m. 11 p.m.-2 a.m. Hartigan's Irish Pub, 601 S. Cedar St., Charlotte. 704-347-1841. www.hartigans.com.
• Dr. Dharma's Halloween Booty Bash Costume contest with $1,000 cash prize and music provided by DJ Funk, Adverb and Oliver Long. Dharma Lounge, 1440 S. Tryon St., Charlotte. 704-334-8336. www.dharmacharlotte.com.
• ER Halloween Party Doctor/nurse themed Halloween costume party. Mez, 210 East Trade St., Charlotte. 704-971-2400. www.mezcharlotte.com.
• Freak Show Halloween Party Dress your freaky best for a chance at picking up a $500 cash prize in the costume contest. Free entry for folks with a Gravediggers Ball wristband. Whisky River, 210 E. Trade St., Charlotte. 704-749-1097. www.thewhiskyriver.com.
• Grave Diggers Ball 2011 Featuring performances by OneRepublic and Cobra Starship. Dress in your Halloween best for a chance at winning prizes in costume contests. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.kiss951.com or http://fullhouseconcerts.musictoday.com. $20 and up. 6 p.m.-11 p.m. Dixie's Tavern, 301 E. 7th St., Charlotte. 704-374-1700. www.dixiescharlotte.com.
• Howlin' Halloween Party The Halloween shindig at the dueling piano bar includes a costume contest with more than $1,500 in cash and prizes and drink specials ($4 Jager bombs and $20 86 oz. buckets of booze). Doors open at 6 p.m. Howl At The Moon, 210 E. Trade St., Charlotte. 704-936-4695. www.howlatthemoon.com.
• Music, Monsters and Mayhem NC Music Factory's Halloween Bash will feature entrance into NC Fright Factory (a haunted house with three terrifying parts), admission to multiple venues with live entertainment, a costume contest with a $2,500 cash prize and O.A.R. in concert at Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheatre. $25 and up. NC Music Factory, 935 N. Graham St., Charlotte. For more information, visit www.ncfrightfactory.com.
• NoDa Ghosts & Legends Walking Tour Guides will explain NoDa's ghosts sightings with historic tidbits and anecdotes about north Charlotte history that goes as far back as the late 1800s. The walk is around 45 minutes long with stops including Highland Mill, the old boarding house, and a couple of makeshift graveyards. Free (donations appreciated). 6:30 p.m. The tour starts at 6:30 p.m. at 35th Street and N. Davidson Street (in front of Fat City Lofts). Tours continue at regular intervals throughout the night.
• Ouzoween 2011 Halloween party presented by Ouzo Productions. DJs Kosta X, DIM and Havana to spin international and house hits all night. Sexiest costume wins $100. 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Loft 1523, 1523 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte. 704-333-5898. www.loft1523.com.
• Pumpkin Carving Competition Bring your own pumpkin and carving tools or bring your own already carved pumpkin. There will be a special prize for the best pumpkin. 12 p.m.-4 p.m. The Gay and Lesbian Community Center, 820 Hamilton St., Suite B11, Charlotte. 704-333-0144. www.gaycharlotte.com.
• Purgatory: Danse Macabre SingleCell Productions presents live music by Angels On Acid and DJs Harkonnen and Architech, as well as fetish performances, a VIP area with erotic stations (including Dr. Spankenstein's and others) and vendors. For more information, visit http://singlecell.us/. $15-$25. 8 p.m. Amos' Southend, 1423 S. Tryon St., Charlotte. 704-377-6874. www.amossouthend.com.
• Red River Redemption The US National Whitewater Center is dying its river "blood" red to celebrate Halloween weekend. In addition, festivities include live music (Mike Strauss Band, Truckstop Preachers, Moreland & Arbuckle), an oyster roast, a cornhole tournament and costume contests. Free admission ($5 for parking). U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway, Charlotte. 704-391-3900. www.usnwc.org.
• We Are The Night Halloween Bash Everyone wearing a costume will get in free before 11 p.m. Costume party hosted by The Bride's of Dracula and music by DJ's Complete, C-Rob & The Diabolical DJ Biz Markie. 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Re:Public, 314 N. College St., Charlotte. 704-375-0733. www.republicofcharlotte.com.
• KiDaWeen NoDaWeen's kid-friendly event features bobbing for apples, face painting, storytelling a costume contest and a screening of Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit. For more information, visit www.nodaween.com. Free. Sat., Oct. 29, 2 p.m. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th St., Charlotte. 704-358-9298. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
• Freaky 5K Twilight Race 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for fastest male and female runners, as well as best costume. Registration at 5 p.m. and the race starts at 6 p.m. For more information, visit www.nodaween.com. $20-$25. Sat., Oct. 29, 6 p.m. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th St., Charlotte. 704-358-9298. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
• Dinner and a Movie Halloween-inspired trivia with prizes for the top three placing teams at 7 p.m. Dinner served from Mac's Speed Shop. Screening of the 1976 horror film Carrie at 8:30 p.m. Prom attire encouraged. For more information, visit www.nodaween.com. $5 for film screening; $6 for dinner. Sat., Oct. 29. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th St., Charlotte. 704-358-9298. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Doors open at 11 p.m. and the screening begins at 12 p.m. For more information, visit www.nodaween.com. $7 movie ticket; $5 prop bags (optional). Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th St., Charlotte. 704-358-9298. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
•Wicked Halloween Party $1,000 for the best costume. DJ Arod to spin. Doors open at 9 p.m. Costume contest registration closes at 11:30 p.m. Unleashed Nightclub, 20924 Torrence Chapel Road, Cornelius. 704-655-2621. www.clubunleashed.net.
• Bloody Sexy After-Hours Halloween Party DJ Matt Bolick spins music all night long. Open until 4 a.m. with specials ($3 domestics, $10 breakfast buffet and more). No cover with costume. The Men's Club of Charlotte, 444 Tyvola Road, Charlotte. 704-525-8525. www.mensclub.com.
• Boo Bash Costume Contest The costume contest features cash prizes, including $1,000 for 1st place, $500 for 2nd place, $200 for 3rd place and $100 for 4th place. $12 cover. Coyote Joe's, 4621 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte. 704-399-4946. www.coyote-joes.com.
• Zombie Run Challenge Race against the clock (and flesh-eating zombies) to find the cure to "save" mankind. For more information, visit www.sportslinkus.com. 10 a.m. Renaissance Park, 1200 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte.
• Dazed and Confused Halloween Party Featuring a performance by Electric Soul Pandemic and Jahfisherman, as well as games, prizes and giveaways. All costumes welcomed. $5. 8 p.m. Visulite Theatre, 1615 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte. 704-358-9200. www.visulite.com.
• Lebowski's Karaoke Costume Bash The karaoke costume Halloween bash also features drink specials, jello shots and pumpkin beers. 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Lebowski's Grill & Pub, 1524 East Blvd., Charlotte. 704-370-1177. www.lebowskisgrillandpub.com.
• 8th Annual Thriller Halloween Bash DJ Jody Jam spins '80s and '90s dance music and the party also features a costume contest with a $500 cash prize, a group "Thriller" dance at midnight and drink specials all night. 21 and up. $10 cover. 8 p.m.-2:30 a.m. Breakfast Club, 225 N. Caldwell St., Charlotte. 704-374-1982. www.that80sclub.com.
• Day of the Dead Halloween Music from DJ Ciprian in the main room and DJ Ahuff in the upstairs room. Costumes highly recommended. Best costume wins $500 in contest. Limited advance general admission tickets and VIP tables available at www.ticketleap.com with the keyword, "Butter NC". For more details, call 704-295-1565. 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Butter NC, 950 Seaboard St., Charlotte. 704-295-1565. www.buttercharlotte.com.
• ID Saturdays: Black Magic Circus Glamorous Halloween party with noir carnival attractions (aerialists, stilt-walkers, drag performance artist Bethann Phetamine, go-go dancers), a costume contest with cash prizes and underground dance beats provided by three levels of DJs, including BearWho, DJ Boof, Social Habitat, Dick Tracey, Bwillackers and Jay Coop. $10. 11 p.m.-2 a.m. Phoenix, 300 N. College St., Charlotte. 704-375-8765. www.phoenixofcharlotte.com.
• Cops & Robbers Halloween Party Kazba, 210 E. Trade St. 704-761-6567. www.kazbacharlotte.com.
• Latorre's Halloweekend Best costume selection with $1500 in prizes. 116 W. 5th St., Charlotte. 704-337-4448. www.latorresdisco.com.
• Nightmare on 7th Street Costume contest, pumpkin pie eating contest, drink specials and free candy for children. No cover. A portion of proceeds benefit Carolina Breast Friends. Kennedy's Premium Bar & Grill, 366 North Caswell Road. 704-375-0218. www.kennedyscharlotte.com. Jackalope Jacks, 1936 E. 7th St. 704-347-1918. www.jackalopejacks.com. The Philosopher's Stone, 1958 E. 7th St. 704-350-1331. www.philosophersstonetavern.com.
• HalloWing Live music by Hair Nation, costume contests, food and drink specials and more. Wild Wing Cafe (EpiCentre location), 210 E. Trade St., Charlotte. 704-716-9464. www.wildwingcafe.com.
• HalloWing Live music by Bad Radio, costume contests, food and drink specials and more. Wild Wing Cafe (South Charlotte location), 2132 Ayrsley Town Blvd., Charlotte. 980-297-7000. www.wildwingcafe.com.
• Billy's Halloween Party Featuring live music by Below the Belt, drink specials and a costume contest with more than $1,000 in cash and prizes. Boardwalk Billy's Raw Bar & Ribs, 9005 JM Keynes Drive, Charlotte. 704-503-7427. www.boardwalkbillys.com.
Sunday, Oct. 30
• Scorpio's Halloween Drag Show Hosted by Buff Faye. 11 p.m. Scorpio, 2301 Freedom Drive, Charlotte. 704-373-9124. www.thescorpio.com.
• Day of the Dead/Dia de Los Muertos Festival of Souls This isn't actually a Halloween-related event, but the Mexican tradition that honors the dead and celebrates their continuity with altars, activities, storytelling, dancing, music and more. Free admission. 12 p.m. Levine Museum of the New South, 200 E. 7th St., Charlotte. 704-333-1887. www.museumofthenewsouth.org.
• Sin Sunday Fang Bangers Ball II Featuring drink specials and a costume contest with $500 cash prizes for best male and female. Uptown Cabaret, 108 E. Morehead St. 704-344-0802. www.uptowncabaretclubs.com.
Monday, Oct. 31
• Buff Faye's Halloween Murder Mystery Drag Diner: Who Gone & Done It? Help Buff solve a murder mystery. Each of Buff's drag divas will perform drag numbers to give you clues as to who committed the crime. Special treats will be given to audience members who guess the correct murderer at the end of the night. For reservations, call 704-347-1841 or email email@example.com. 7 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Hartigan's Irish Pub, 601 S. Cedar St., Charlotte. 704-347-1841. www.hartigans.com.
• Costume Party and Screening of Ghost Trek: The Kinsey Report Dress as your favorite zombie or zombie hunter for this shindig, which also features special guest Addy Miller aka "Little Zombie Girl" from The Walking Dead and "pageant princess" from Ghost Trek: The Kinsey Report (to be screened). 8 p.m. The Small Bar, 900 Seaboard St., Suite B3, Charlotte. 704-641-3773. www.smallbarclt.com.
• Bad Moon Rising Film Series Screening 1981's An American Werewolf in London, directed by John Landis. Free. 7:30 p.m. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th St., Charlotte. 704-358-9298. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
• Billy's Halloween Party Featuring live music by Soul Watt, drink specials and a costume contest with more than $1,000 in cash and prizes. Boardwalk Billy's Raw Bar & Ribs, 9005 JM Keynes Drive, Charlotte. 704-503-7427. www.boardwalkbillys.com.