Winos and foodies (who DOESN'T fit the bill?), you can breathe easy now: Charlotte Wine and Food Weekend will be held April 18 through 22, and tickets for all events are now available online.
Every two years, fans of fine food and wine flock to town for one of the Southeast's largest wine events and fundraisers. A tequila dinner will be held at at Pacos, Tacos & Tequila on Wednesday, April 18. Other notable events include:
• Wednesday April 18- Golf Tournament held at The Golf Club at Ballantyne. Shotgun start at 8:30am on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 and be followed by an Awards Luncheon. Players with a hole-in-one could win a brand new Lincoln.
• Thursday, April 19 - Charlotte’s Largest Dinner Party — All across the Queen City restaurants will be hosting top vintners from across the country.
• Friday, April 20 — Big Bottles & Blues sponsored by RBC Wealth Management —Urban Garden adjoining The Ritz-Carlton, is the largest event of the weekend typically drawing more than 500 attendees.
• Saturday, April 21 — Vintner Tasting — Scheduled for 11:00 a.m. at Founder’s Hall.
• Saturday, April 21 -The Grand Gala & Live Auction —evening event at The Ritz-Carlton.
• Sunday, April 22 — B3 Burgers, Bloodies and Brews Brunch of Champions. The new event is sponsored by Wells Fargo and held at The Green uptown. The outdoor event will include live music, specialty drinks by Moet Hennessey USA and an eclectic brunch by Perfect Plate Catering.
Council for Children’s Rights, Second Harvest Food Bank Metrolina-BackPack Program, Pat’s Place and Charlotte Community Health Clinic have all been chosen as recipients of funds raised at the event.
The Ritz-Carlton, the event's host hotel, is accepting reservations online and offering a special room rate.