If that isn't convincing enough, you might also be surprised by the joy and personal growth that volunteering will bring to you personally. If you consider the many benefits you will receive, you will be asking yourself why you aren't more involved with helping a cause.
Consider these reasons to volunteer some of your time:
1. To serve your community
4. To develop new job skills
5. To make a difference in the world
6. To increase personal satisfaction
7. To add experience to your resume
8. To develop people skills
9. To develop communication skills
10. To do something as a family
11. To explore career possibilities
12. To feel needed and appreciated
13. To build personal and professional contacts
14. To be challenged
15. To do something different
16. To make new friends
17. To improve your health
18. To have fun!
You will get more out of your volunteer experience than you put into it. Don't hesitate to identify and donate some of your time to a worthy volunteer opportunity. You will be glad you did.
From preparing and delivering nutritious meals, to mentoring local students, to planting trees, there are many ways to make a positive impact. Help the most vulnerable and uplift our community with your time and service, start today!
Here are some places in Charlotte where you can volunteer!