Page 3 of 3
5) Apollo Heights -- dream-pop following in the footsteps of '80s and '90s acts like AR Kane, the Jesus and Mary Chain and My Blood Valentine.
6) Saul Williams -- industrial glam rock influenced by David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails.
7) Santogold -- delightfully fascinating mix of electronics, dub, hip-hop and Gwen Stefani-like pop punk.
8) Cody ChesnuTT -- ambitious homemade rock and soul that comes off like Prince in collaboration with '90s lo-fi artists such as Lou Barlow of Sebadoh.
9) Kamara Thomas -- the beautiful bassist for the power rock trio Earl Greyhound makes twangy alt-country on her own.
10) The Dears -- whimsical experimental music collective led by singer Murray Lightburn draws from the '60s French Cabaret pop of Serge Gainsbourg and the indie rock of British brooder Morrissey.