* A grandma finally had enough last week when her grandson refused to help out around the house. After asking him to "clean up around the house" the grandson "was being disrespectful," saying that "he wasn't going to help and that he was going to watch TV instead." In an attempt to get him off his duff, grandma started vacuuming. The grandson got up and unplugged the vacuum cleaner and told his grandma that he was trying to watch television. Granny plugged the vacuum back in and continued to vacuum. The grandson then got up and unplugged the vacuum once again. This battle of plugging and unplugging lasted several more rounds until finally the grandson became enraged and threw the remote across the room. The remote hit a bedroom door, damaging it and breaking the remote. The grandson left on foot, and grandma took out a warrant.
* Who Gets the Girl?: A girl was the cause of another pointless fight last week. This time neither of the guys knew each other but felt it necessary to exhibit their manhood by getting into a brawl. One guy got carried away and decided to hit his opponent in the head with a brick. After the assaulted man hit the pavement, the brick-slinger apparently realized the damage he had done, dropped the brick, and ran away. The hurt man was taken to a local hospital and treated for head injuries and a wounded ego.
* A video superstore was robbed and one of the employees was assaulted in the process. Four suspects entered the superstore and somehow managed to obtain nine Playstation II video games worth $270, and 28 assorted DVDs worth an estimated $565. On the way out, the four shoplifters ran into interference from one of the employees and assaulted him in an attempt to get away. Police are on the lookout for four housebound thieves suffering from sore thumbs and strained eyes.
* Several occurrences of harassment in a few days forced a Charlotte woman to seek help from police. The woman told police that the suspect keeps coming to her home and neighborhood and has given her reason to believe that he will physically harm her in some way. The suspect has also made repeated phone calls to the woman but does not speak when he calls. Instead, the creep plays different selections of porn to send a disturbing message.
* Eleven tires were slashed on several different vehicles last week while they were parked in a local business' parking lot. One of the victims told police that the slasher was most likely a recently terminated employee who had also been making threatening calls to other employees.