Like always, this Halloween, a hefty amount of events are happening at various venues across the Q.C. Listed below are five picks definitely worth checking out. For more, visit our Happenings section or check out www.clclt.com/halloween for an updated list of spooky events to attend.
• Carnevil 2009 -- Live performances by Lilith Deville and Beth Ann Phetamine, as well as La Petite Mort Burlesque Troupe and music from a variety of DJs. There will also be a "Zombie Fashion Show," fire performances and more. 18 and up. $20-$25. 8 p.m. Amos' Southend, 1423 S. Tryon St. 704-377-6874. www.amossouthend.com.
• Carnivale de Mez -- Halloween party and costume contest with cash prizes, drink specials and food. Epicentre Theaters will turn into a dance floor with a backdrop of classic horror movies on the big screen too. $10 for general admission. For VIP, call 704-971-2400. 9 p.m. Mez at Epicentre, 210 E. Trade St.
• Moorecox & Mammas Costume Cabaret -- Roxy C. Moorecox and Big Mamma D take on Halloween with this show featuring burlesque, drag, a costume cabaret, comedy, fire performers and acrobats and more. 18 and up. 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Petra's Piano Bar & Cabaret, 1919 Commonwealth Ave. 704-332-6608.
• Danse Macabre -- Presented by Single Cell Productions. Featuring live music from Angels On Acid, S.O.U.L and Grevious, as well as a surplus of DJs (DJ Karma, DJ Torchure and DJ Spider, among others). Also, fetish performances by an array of performers, fetish play areas, appearances by alternative and fetish models, photographers and more. Drink specials and giveaways. For more information, visit www.singlecell.us. 18 and up. $20-$25. 8 p.m.--4 a.m. Dammit Janet, 3746 N. Davidson St.
• The Haunted Mill -- For a good fright on Halloween, The Haunted Mill comes alive with a staff of scary-looking folks on hand to scare you away. For the less adventurous, there's also a game room and mini-golf. $15-$19. Open Wednesday-Saturday, 7 p.m. Last tickets sold at 11:30 p.m. 6325 Wilkinson Blvd. 704-829-6455. www.thehauntedmillnc.com.