1. The "baby bird" episode of The Andy Griffith Show.
2. Michael Jackson's moonwalk on the Motown Anniversary Special.
3. Neil Armstrong's actual moonwalk.
4. Live television coverage on September 11, 2001.
5. The Simpsons.
7. Fox's 24.
8. The ACC basketball tournament.
9. Comedy Central's The Daily Show.
10. BBC America.
REASONS I SHOULD HIDE MY TV REMOTE
1. Sitcoms with less-than-attractive male leads "married" to quite-attractive second-banana "wives."
2. Local TV news reporters who look like they're late for their parents' curfew.
3. Reality shows starring rich people, bachelors, or bachelorettes.
4. TV shows with Southern plots or themes -- fiction or non-fiction -- that strike up the harmonicas as background music. ("Hey, Maw! Put on your shoes: cumpny's comin'!")
5. Jack Osbourne's hair.
6. Fox News.
7. Room makeover shows that are long on shtick but create ugly rooms in the process.
8. Larry King, Peter Jennings, Aaron Brown, and Bill O'Reilly.
HEART-WARMING COMMENTS FROM CL READERS
1. "You must be a mulatto bitch" (commenting on an article discussing Strom Thurmond's stinky past).
2. "I've heard around town that you're a fat drunk!" (on an article criticizing the Panthers fan who ran onto the field during Monday Night Football).
3. "If you ever worked in TV news, you would recognize (WCNC's) Sterlin Benson Webber's talent, instead of putting her down" (an article mentioned Webber's love of the documentary cameras on a PBS special about WCNC's news department).
4. "You must be on crack if you think Bill Walker is a good news anchor!" (commenting on Walker's Best of Charlotte issue win as best anchor).