For the grilled Red Snapper
1 pound snapper scaled and gutted, or 16 ounces of snapper fillet
Charmoula Sauce (See recipe below)
1. Season fish, place aluminum foil on grill, allow to heat up and place fish over top.
2. Baste fish with charmoula. Close grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes while continuing to baste periodically.
3. Turn fish over and repeat for another 6 to 8 minutes while still basting.
4. Remove from grill, debone and serve with Summer Quinoa Salad. (See recipe below.)
Charmoula Sauce (a Moroccan fish marinade)
4 ounces* cilantro
2 ounces parsley
2 ounces garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup lemon juice
¼ ounce paprika
¼ ounce cumin
¼ ounce cayenne
Salt to taste
1 cup honey
(* You will need a scale since some of these ingredients need to be weighed.)
1. Chop cilantro and parsley, set aside. 2. Mix all other ingredients. 3. Add cilantro/parsley mixture.
Summer Quinoa Salad
2 quarts quinoa, cooked
1 bunch parsley, chopped roughly
¼ cup chopped mint
3 lemons, juiced
1 quart tomatoes, diced
1 quart cucumber, diced
1 scallion bunch, sliced
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Combine all and season to taste.