• Now open is the The Wine Shop at RiverGate in the RiverGate Shopping Center in the Lake Wylie/Steele Creek area, 14142 RiverGate Parkway, a retail wine store, wine bar and café with a menu of small plates and tapas. Lunch is served daily. 704-831-9000.
• A fundraising event for The King's Kitchen, a non-profit restaurant to open in Center City, will be held at Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen on Thursday, Nov. 20 at 5:30 p.m. The event includes a Panthers pep rally, a live auction and dinner. 704-366-8688. Tickets are $250 per person.
• The Levine Museum of the New South Global Dish event "Real Country Cooking" will be held Thursday, Nov. 6 at 6 p.m. Featured speakers include noted South Carolina novelist and food authority Dori Sanders, who will also make her famous skillet blackberry dumplings, and news reporter Dan Huntley, who will cook seafood gumbo. I will be there to discuss country cooking found in Charlotte-area restaurants. Tickets are $30 for museum members; $35 for non-members. 704-333-1887, ext. 501.
• Beginning Dec. 1, the menu at Tria Terra Restaurant, 7707 Pineville-Matthews Road in the Carmel Commons Shopping Center, will become exclusively Italian. All the current Italian dishes will remain on their menu and more will be added. 704-541-2924.
• Zebra Restaurant and Wine Bar, 4521 Sharon Road, is (as they do each year) slashing 50 percent off their entire wine list every Monday through Thursday until Nov. 26. Zebra is also featuring a $44 three-course prix-fixe menu. www.zebrarestaurant.net.