• Simplified — Kick off the new year with something local as Charlotte's Simplified brings out the mellowed-rock grooves. With Rayen Belchere. $15 advance, $18 day of show. 8:45 p.m. Amos' Southend, 1423 S. Tryon St. www.amossouthend.com.
• Keller Williams — Celebrate the holidays with three sets of music: reggae/dub, bluegrass and looped acoustic grooves. $35 advance, $45 day of show, $65 VIP. 9:30 p.m. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th St. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
• Unknown Hinson — Charlotte's own redneck crooner is set to bring his psychobilly sounds to the stage. $17 advance, $22 day of show. 10 p.m. Visulite Theatre, 1615 Elizabeth Ave. www.visulite.com.
• The Spongetones — This band's been rocking out the retro riffs for years, so why not take a sentimental journey for NYE? $15. 10 p.m. Double Door Inn, 1218 Charlottetowne Ave. www.doubledoorinn.com.
• Belmont Playboys/Bums Lie — Charlotte's Belmont Playboys and Bums Lie can help you start off the new year with the perfect mix of greaser rock and reggae styling. 9 p.m. Snug Harbor, 1228 Gordon St. www.snugrock.com.
For a full list of New Year's Eve parties in Charlotte, visit At Large.