Don't know what you're doing for Independence Day yet? Slackers! Good thing us folks at Creative Loafing have compiled a list of ways you can celebrate in the Q.C. See more, as we continue adding to the list, online at www.clclt.com.
• REDROCKS, WHITEWATER & BLUEGRASS 4TH OF JULY FESTIVAL Festivities include activities for the whole family, live music from Acoustic Syndicate, Eric Lindel, Simplified and more, as well as a fireworks display. U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway. 704-391-3900. www.usnwc.org.
• RED, WHITE, AND BOOM! PRESENTED BY LANCE The day-long celebration offers loads of activities, games and prizes for children (and adults), but it also includes food, music and fireworks -- simulcast with music tracks provided by WKKT 96.9 Kat Country. Free admission. Memorial Stadium, 310 N. Kings Drive. http://findyourcenter.com/things-to-do/signature-event/10/Red--White---Boom--Presented-by-Lance/.
• THIS IS IT: 4TH OF JULY SHINDIG AT THE FORUM Yes, we know it's officially closed, but they're opening their doors for this special event, "This Is It," featuring the Magnificent DJ Jazzy Jeff. If you missed his last appearance at CIAA, you need to come out for this. $10 in advance. Doors open at 10 p.m. The Forum, 300 N. College St. For tickets visit www.thesolkitchen.com or www.etix.com; VIP: 704-287-7653; Tables: 336-848-1950.
• CAROWINDS' INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION: NIGHT OF FIRE Flag ceremony, Posting of the Colors and POW salute by Rock Hill American Legion Post 34 Honor Guard at 12 p.m.; fireworks at 10 p.m. Carowinds, 14523 Carowinds Blvd. 704-588-2600. www.carowinds.com.
• 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION AT HOLIDAY INN CENTER CITY This 4th of July celebration will feature live a DJ, a rooftop view of Uptown fireworks display, cash bar, food and more. $10-$15 for all-you-can-eat hot dogs, hamburgers and chips. Holiday Inn Center City, 230 N. College St.
• RED, WHITE & BREW AT HOWL AT THE MOON 4th of July celebration featuring drink specials. Howl At The Moon, 210 East Trade St. 704-936-4695. www.howlatthemoon.com.
• RED, WHITE AND BLUE PARKING DECK ROOFTOP PARTY Free beer, food and mixed drinks. Live music by Pradigy. For more information, visit www.campusflavamag.com. $10 in advance. 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Blake Hotel rooftop, 555 S. McDowell St.