• Chef Peter Reinhart, a four-time James Beard award-winning author, has written extensively about pizza. Now, he, restaurateur Pierre Bader and Chef Tim Groody have opened Pie Town, 710 W. Trade St., featuring artisanal pies with 100-percent organic crusts. www.dineatpietown.com.
• Phil Greer opened Boneheads Grilled Fish & Piri Piri Chicken, a Raving Brands concept, 7926-E Rea Road in Stonecrest Shopping Center, on Sept. 13. On the self-serve menu is Shrimp and Crispy Calamari, Pacific Red Snapper, and Piri Piri Chicken. Hours: Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. until 10 p.m.; Sunday until 9 p.m.
• The 15th Carolina Renaissance Festival runs seven consecutive weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from Oct. 4 through Nov. 16 from 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., rain or shine. www.royalfaires.com.
• New Chefs: Thomas Kerns at Harper's Restaurant at SouthPark and Jeff Tatu at Vesuvius Restaurant in Ballyntyne.
• Chef and restaurateur Jim Noble and his chefs will prepare dinner at the James Beard House in Manhattan on Sept. 20.
• Summit Coffee, 128 S. Main Street, Davidson, will celebrate its 10th anniversary on Saturday, Sept. 20 from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. with beer specials, free food and live music.