• Restaurateur Nick LaVecchia (LaVecchia's Seafood Grille and Old Stone Steakhouse, Belmont) will open the 80-seat Nix Burger & Brew with 30 burgers on the menu at 201 N. Tryon St. (Fifth and Tryon) by early December. General Manager is Donny Anderson.
• Opening Dec. 4 is D'Vine Wine Café, 14815 John Delaney Drive in Ballantyne Village. Hours are Monday and Tuesday 4 p.m. until 10 p.m., until 1 a.m. Wednesday through Friday; Saturday 11 a.m. until 1 a.m.
• Poseidon Seafood, a seafood distributor, has closed. When the LaVecchia family opened the business in 1986, area restaurants were able to offer a slate of seafood hitherto unavailable in Charlotte. The LaVecchia family sold the business in 2006.
• La Paz, 1910 South Blvd., is hosting a Cabo Wabo Tequila Dinner on Wednesday, Dec. 10 with a three-course meal paired with drink and samples of each Cabo Wabo Tequila. $40 single or $70 per couple. 704-372-4168.
• Also on Dec. 10 is a five-course holiday wine dinner, $55 per person, at Maddi's Southern Bistro, 16925 Birkdale Commons Parkway, Huntersville. Their Candy Cane Brunch will be held each Sunday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. through Dec. 21. Included are seasonal entrees, desserts, and holiday drinks. 704-987-7762.
• New on the dinner menu at Copper Modern Indian Cuisine, 311 East Blvd., is curry leaf sautéed shrimp with saffron white wine crème ($21) and lamb chops in khada masala marinade with chili-cherry curry reduction ($27). New lunch dishes include tandoori paneer korma ($13), and black lentil stew with ginger, garlic, and tomatoes ($11). 704-333-0063.