News of the Coronavirus continues to grow. SEMrush, a data analytics company, analyzed Google search volume on the topic to collect data on how much interest in ‘Coronavirus’ is growing in the US alone.
Sharing SEMrush’s findings below:
- Number of Google searches for [N95 masks] is 5 times higher than for [medical masks]: 1MLN vs. 200K (+3903.00% increase in searches)
- In January 2020 a new search term appeared in Google – “Coronavirus mask” which was never googled before. But, in Jan 2020 it already accounted for 49,500 searches per month.
- Walgreens, Walmart and Home Depot are the most popular places where people bought masks in Jan 2020, searches for buying a mask in these places accounted for 45,300 (Walgreens); 44,900 (Walmart); and 25,980 (Home Depot) respectively.
- Searches for “Buy a (medical/n95) mask near me” has sharply risen in January by 2,988.00% and accounted for 19,720 per month.
Coronavirus related Google searches:
- [Coronavirus] search term – over 49 million searches in January 2020 (+75,051.52% Jan/Dec growth)
- [Coronavirus symptoms] – the most searched query related to the topic, with >6 mln searches a month (+611,900.00% Jan/Dec growth)
- [What is coronavirus?] – the most asked question, related to the topic – over 2,2 mln searches a month (+139,900.00% Jan/Dec growth)
- Unfortunately, searches for [Coronavirus treatment] have also increased a lot – by 93,650.00% and account for 450,000 searches in January
- [China travel ban] – 28,800 searches in Jan 2020 (+47,900.00% growth)
- [China travel restrictions] – 6,600 searches in Jan 2020 (+21,900.00% growth)
- [Is it safe to travel to China?] – 5,400 searches in Jan 2020 (+812.00% growth)