Anyone can be a star — at least among their friends — thanks to YouTube. The video site also provides a platform for some pretty funny rants, raves and electioneering techniques.
1. David Thompson complains to the City Council about a rogue helicopter pilot, "terrorist pussies" and George Shinn's alleged campaign to harass him. Priceless. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA1hyqA6UTY)
2. An anonymous conservative's cheeky ads targets Democrat county commissioners. (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MeckConservative)
3. Former Fox weatherman Mark Mathis acts the fool. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvQ0pwzskus)
4. Traffic videos are interesting to some people. Or so one might conclude from watching one man's driving reports -- taped while he's driving. (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=host4net)
5. You don't have to live in Rockingham County to appreciate this Star Wars-esque commercial for Christopher Knight's bid for school board. (He lost.) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLi5B0Iefsk)