• Café Monte French Bakery & Bistro, 6700 Fairview Road, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, and from the café, coffees, teas, and hot chocolate. In-house made pastries include almond croissants, apple strudel and scones. Lunch offers sandwiches, soups, salads, crepes and quiche, while the dinner menu features trout almondine, rotisserie chicken, beef short ribs, duck confit, pizza and pasta. Dinner entrees range from $9.95 to $21.95.
• Robeks Juice, 5349 Ballantyne Commons, has smoothies, protein shakes, Acai energy bowls, frozen yogurt, juices, sorbet, cookies and muffins.
• Dilworth Coffeehouse opened in Belk's at Northlake Mall. The food, by locally owned Something Classic Catering, includes all natural and organic sandwiches, salads, appetizers, fresh soups, gourmet "TV dinners" and desserts.
• Reid's Fine Foods has a cart in Founders Hall, 100 N. Tryon St., featuring breakfast baked goods, sandwiches, salads, fresh cut fruit and specialty drinks. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Santé, 165 N. Trade St., Matthews, 704-845-1899, is now open for Sunday brunch, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.. The menu includes eggs Benedict, frittata, brioche French toast, salads and sandwiches ranging from $8 to $14.
• Planet Smoothie, 101 S. Tryon St., is offering 99-cent smoothies on Fridays during May.
• The Morehead Inn, 1122 East Morehead St., 704-376-3357, and the VanLandingham Estate, 2010 The Plaza, 704-334-8909, are both offering a Mother's Day brunch menu including gourmet Southern specialties, omelets, waffles, roast beef, seafood, desserts and homemade biscuits. Price: $27.95 adults, $23.95 seniors, $14.95 children 4 to 12, and under 3 eat free. Reservations required.