Praying for those in authority is a Biblical command. Together as faithful servants of Christ we must pray for God’s wisdom and His righteousness to be evident in our nation’s policies and leaders. We must pray for our leaders wisdom and well-being. Prayer changes things.
President Trump believes in the power of prayer.
1) Pray for an awareness that he is in office by God’s allowance, and that he therefore holds a sacred responsibility. (Daniel 2:21; Romans 13:1)
2) Pray that our President’s family life would be strong, protected from the stresses and temptations he faces daily. (James 1:22; Ephesians 5:25; Ephesians 6:4)
3) Ask God to move our President’s heart to make God-honoring decisions wholly based on His truth, particularly in the areas of abortion, marriage and the protection of religious liberty. (Proverbs 3:5-6; I Corinthians 10:31; Joshua 1:8)
4) Pray that our President seeks for God’s Glory to be made known in our country. Our hope is in the Lord, may His light shine through. (2 Corinthians 4:6-7; Psalm 96:3; Romans 8:31; Psalm 46:1-3; Deuteronomy 31:6)
5) Ask that our President would be surrounded by wise, God-fearing counselors. (Proverbs 11:14 ; Proverbs 20:18)
6) Pray that in all things, personal and official, our President would hate what is evil and forever cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9)
7) Ask that God would prompt more of His people to honor President Trump and to pray for him. (I Peter 2:17; I Timothy 2:1-2)
Pray for our leaders.
All need our prayers — even if they are not the candidates we voted for.
Father, together we pray for our nations leaders to find Your peace and direction, and for these men and women to act and lead
according to Your Word. A house divided within cannot stand, therefore, I pray for them to be unified in righteousness for the sake of our nation.
Prayer is our greatest weapon in a world that seems to be coming apart around us. Together we pray to let the wounds of separation and division be healed by opening our hearts to listen to the truth on all sides and reaffirm this country to live as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.